The summer started off as a rough ride. I didn't know where my two feet were sunken into. And right as I grabbed the cherry on top, it was all pulled from under me. A dramatic decline of new friendships lost. My comfort was assaulted. But with only a fabric clutch I managed to get through it all. I had one of the best summers of my life. I managed to get through the summer, but my walls stayed way up. But, in addition I learned the importance of speaking up, face to face. I learned patience, and kindness. There were some kids that made me feel, oh god i would never want to be a mom. But then, there were the few kids that makes me feel like " I can not wait to have kids!" these kids were the smart kids, the ones that you can tell they have had to live in some type of poverty. In a broken family, or a curious environment. I am planning on returning next summer. I feel I started out slow, and doing more of the minimum, as i nervously wondered what was the right thing to do. I hope that next summer, I am more fit and ready to go, and ready to connect more with the familiar faces I once feared. And remember how I was supposed to take a semester off? I didn't. And I am glad. I can not stand being at home, and I am working on creating myself at my new apartment. There is more to do here! More to discover. I just got a membership to the art institute. I have a new job, and my birthday is this weekend, and lots of friends to celebrate with. I started working out, but am still struggling to keep it a habit. I have many intense classes, but am trying to gain the most 3D knowledge that I can, slowly reading the assigned texts, keeping curious, and trying to memorize. I am doing my best to not get distracted. Unfortunately the search for love is never ending and always on the back of my mind. I need to veer away from the snooty kids, and find someone that makes me laugh, all I want to do is laugh. Laughter is the best for the soul, and so is pumpkin spice white chocolate coffee. Fall is just around the corner, I can smell it. It is my favorite season. I think a visit to goeberts farm and freight fest are in order. All i need now is adventurous company.
--Jax
No comments:
Post a Comment